The following are the core beliefs that inform and guide us as we serve our Lord and His people.
1. We believe in one God, the sovereign Creator and Sustainer of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
2. Jesus Christ, the Son, became flesh through His miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit and His virgin birth. He who is true God became true man united in one Person forever. He died on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins. On the third day He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where He sits on the right hand of God the Father and is the only Mediator between God and man.
3. The Holy Spirit has come into the world to reveal and glorify Christ and to apply the saving work of Christ to our hearts. He convicts us of sin and draws us to Jesus the Savior. Indwelling our hearts, He gives us new life, empowers and imparts gifts to us for service. He instructs and guides us into all truth, and seals us for the day of redemption.
4. The Bible is God’s Word to us. It was written by human authors, under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is the supreme source of truth for Christian beliefs and living. Because it is inspired by God, it is the truth without any mixture of error.
5. Man was created in the image of God. He sinned by disobeying God. This fall brought all humanity under divine condemnation. Every person is in need of regeneration and renewal by the Holy Spirit.
6. Being estranged from God and condemned by our sinfulness, our salvation is wholly dependent upon the work of God’s free grace. It is not the work, in whole or in part, of human works or goodness or religious ceremony.
7. God credits His righteousness to those who put their faith in Christ alone for their salvation, thereby justifying them in His sight. Only such as are born of the Holy Spirit and receive Jesus Christ become children of God and heirs of eternal life.
8. The true Church is composed of all persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ and the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit are united together in the Christian Community.
9. Jesus Christ will come again to the earth to judge the living and the dead and to consummate history and the eternal plan of God.
10. Jesus calls those He has saved to a life of self-denying love and service. “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them”